Friday, December 13, 2013

The filings bore me today so let’s talk about something else. (Never fear, filings are below.) I started Central Indiana Biz Bits (CIBB) because I’m curious about what undertakings are in store for Central Indiana. I'm one of those types who neurotically checks sites throughout the day to see if anything new has been posted.

By actually logging the permits, I thought I'd be able to give those who are more 'in the know' a head's up about permit filings, and information on projects would trickle out a bit sooner. I had - and still have - no desire to call around on projects and fill in the details. I just want to do the grunt work.
I also wanted to learn more about blogging and CIBB has been tremendous for me on that front. I've tried several ways to monetize the blog and have never made more than spare change on it. I don't mind terribly but I haven't even hit anywhere near $1 per update and I'm starting to think my time would be best spent doing something else. (Knitting? Meditation?) Instead of abandoning my baby, I'm pondering changing CIBB into a subscription site.

Would you pay for the content you get here? If so, how much? I'm thinking a small monthly fee.

I'm still doing research but to pull the trigger on the membership idea would most likely require that I move the blog to WordPress. I may have to pay for a premium membership to load the widget that allows me to make the site members only. I want to see if it's worth the time first. What do you think?

I know, I know, asking someone whether they would pay for something they've gotten for free is insane but that's what I'm doing. Would you pay $5 a month? $10? What would I need to add to the site (if anything) to make you willing to pay? Should the newest update be free for everyone to see then members could search all listings and have access to archived posts?
Please share your thoughts here in the comment section or email me at centralindianabizbits@gmail.com.

Hamilton County:
369038
Hamilton Southeastern HS – Senior Academy, 13910 E 126th St, Fishers, IN, 46038
Owner Details: Hamilton Southeastern Schools, 13485 Cumberland Road, Fishers, 46038
Submitter: Fanning Howey
Area Addition: 179,682 SF; Area Remodeled: 56,397 SF
https://myoracle.in.gov/reports/rwservlet?dfbsepnpdf&report=plan_application_information.rdf&p_form_id=923436

369047
One Main Tenant Renovation Carmel, 11611 N Meridian St, Ste 420, Carmel, IN
Owner Details: Meghan Burns, 300 Saint Paul Place, Baltimore, 21202
Submitter: Paep Architecture Engineering PC
Area Remodeled: 1,640 SF
https://myoracle.in.gov/reports/rwservlet?dfbsepnpdf&report=plan_application_information.rdf&p_form_id=923471

Marion County:
369039
Emerge Monitoring, 22 N Delaware St, Indianapolis, IN, 46204
Owner Details: Emerge Monitoring, 140 E Washington St, 2nd Floor, Indianapolis, 46204
Submitter: Rowland Design, Inc.
Area Remodeled: 1,627 SF
https://myoracle.in.gov/reports/rwservlet?dfbsepnpdf&report=plan_application_information.rdf&p_form_id=923444

369045
Ezra’s Enlightened Café, 6516 Ferguson St, Indianapolis, IN, 46220
Owner Details: Audrey Barron, 6516 Ferguson St, Indianapolis, 46220
Café. Area Remodeled: 480 SF; Area Addition: 85 SF
https://myoracle.in.gov/reports/rwservlet?dfbsepnpdf&report=plan_application_information.rdf&p_form_id=923463

IDEM Public Notice:
12/13/2013
Former SSA #6394
Hancock County
NPDES 15-10 “Termination” General Permit
http://www.in.gov/idem/files/notice_20131231_npdes_ssa_6394.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive